Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bisque-orama

I have been cranking the last few weeks to get ready for two big shows at the end of the month. I unloaded my bisque kiln this morning. Here are some photos of pieces before they are glazed. It is a nice time to look at the forms and carving without color as a distraction. Perhaps someday I will do a series of white pots. Hmmmmm....

















All these new pieces (plus more) will be finished by September 22nd, just in time for Art in A New Yard on Sept. 26th at Fir Tree Cottage in Land O' Lakes and the Northwoods Fall Art Tour on Oct. 2,3,& 4 at my studio.

5 comments:

DirtKicker Pottery said...

You're right. Those bisque pieces are very interesting just as they are. Just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

These are all so beautiful already. I can't wait to see them finished, and in person!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow your texture is amazing! SWEET should sell very well!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

You go girl! Wow, you've been busy. That all represents a whole lot of work. Looking great!

Linda Starr said...

I love your carving, thanks for showing the closeups. Good luck at the shows.