Sunday, March 28, 2010

Freshly Carved Pouring Vessels

It's been a goal of mine this winter and early spring to spend time making complex pieces. It is very tempting to make simple pieces I know I can sell. I've put that aside for now, in favor of having fun and challenging myself. Here are three pouring vessels I finished carving yesterday. They are all bare clay at this point...slowly drying under plastic.



















More process photos are on the way in the next week. And more platters. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Very nice. Look forward to seeing the finished pieces.

Unknown said...

HEY AMY - Love the new "complex" pieces... not that your other pieces are anything BUT complex with all the surface decoration!!! What a great challenge to give yourself. I should follow your advice and tackle something more than the-ever-popular bowls & mugs!

Judith Frederick said...

your work is amazing. what time and car you take. Just beautiful.